Monday, April 8, 2013

My 100th Post Recap

Yum

In honor of my 100th post a recap of my top 25 post popular and favorite posts.


 I am proud to post my 100th blog post.  For this post I'm just recapping my top 25 recipes.  I have separated them in to 5 categories of 5 recipes.  It was fun to go through all my posts I hope you enjoy them as much as I did.  Here they are.

Vegetarian Entrees:

Szechuan Eggplant: A quick and easy vegetarian stir fry made with eggplant, garlic, ginger, and soy sauce.

 Tofu Thai Green Curry:  The sweetness of coconut milk, the sourness of lime, and the saltiness of fish sauce. A Thai green curry made with tofu and vegetables.  Delicious.

 Bhindi (Okra) Masala:  A vegetarian Indian dish made with okra and spices.  A delicious, healthy, and filling meal.

 Slow Cooker Vegetarian Chili:  A meatless chili made with four kinds of beans, zucchini, and a mixed pepper puree.

 Tabouli and Greek Salad with Hummus and Pita:  A healthy and fresh  Middle Eastern themed meal of Tabouli and Greek salad with pita and hummus on the side.






Meat Entrees:

Swedish Meatballs: Delicious meatballs in a creamy gravy.  I literally licked my plate clean.

 Prime Rib:  A juicy and tender beef rib roast served with a baked potato, cauliflower, and Au jus.  The perfect anniversary dinner.


Slow Cooker Meatballs: Tender meatballs in tomato sauce cooked in a slow cooker.

Brats in a Blanket and Papaya Salad:  This meal takes a childhood favorite (pigs in a blanket) and makes it adult food by wrapping bratwursts in a homemade roll with smoked Gouda and sauerkraut.  Served with papaya salad on the side, and mustard for dipping, of course.

 Slow Cooker Sloppy Joes:  Who doesn't love sloppy Joes? I made this childhood favorite in my slow cooker with ground beef, lentils, bell pepper, onion, and some other regular house hold condiments.





Sides, Snacks and Appetizers:


Vegetable Spring Rolls with Peanut Sauce:  Noodles, lettuce, sprouts, carrots and herbs rolled tightly in rice sheets served with a peanut sauce for dipping.

 Baked Samosa:  Another great recipe from With Love from Mom's Kitchen.  Spicy potatoes and peas stuffed into hand sized pastry then baked until golden.  A great snack or appetizer.

 Bruschetta: A light, fresh snack made with tomatoes, basil, and balsamic vinegar on top of toasted bead. Makes a great appetizer or light meal.

 Pineapple Salad:  A refreshing, sweet and spicy salad made with pineapple, mint, and jalapeno.

 Parmesan and Garlic Roasted Broccoli:  A deliciously simple vegetable side of roasted broccoli flavored with parmesan, garlic and a dash of lemon juice.






Tutorials/How to:


 How to Make Kefir:  A fermented milk product that has great probiotic properties.  Kefir is easy to make and has many uses, all you need to get started are the grains.

 How to Make Salsa:  A tutorial on how to make a quick salsa with tomatoes, onion, cilantro, jalapenos and lime juice chopped fine in a food processor.

 How to Make Ricotta Cheese at Home:  Making ricotta cheese at home is so simple and uses very few ingredients.

 How to Make Roasted Red Bell Peppers:  A simple tutorial on how to roast sweet red bell peppers at home.

 How to Roast Garlic:  A simple tutorial on how to roast garlic.








Breakfasts and Desserts:

Chocolate Chip Cookies:  Nothing is better than fresh baked cookies. I love to bake cookies, not only because I love eating them but because everyone loves homemade cookie. I believe it is a great way to say "I love you" to your friends and family and everyone seems to really appreciate it.

 A More Filling Granola:  A sweet and crunchy granola made with nuts, seeds and rolled grains.  A great  breakfast or snack.

 Peanut Butter Bars:  Deliciously sweet and chewy peanut butter comfort food.

 Blueberry Pancakes:  I like to call this my blue breakfast.  Blueberry, whole wheat pancakes and a blueberry smoothie.

 Stuffed French Toast Bread Pudding:  Bread pudding lightly sweetened with maple syrup with cream cheese and raisins.  Great breakfast.

No comments:

Post a Comment