Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Recipe Remake: Twice Baked Potato

Yum

A remake of my original Twice Baked Potato with some slight differences.





Yum.  Twice baked potatoes are so tasty.  If you've never had one you just don't know what you are missing.  One weekend I was trying to think of an idea for lunch for my husband and myself and I thought twice baked potatoes would be great (and they were).  This time I had normal sized potatoes so I used one each.  They made for one filling lunch.  I don't think these are very healthy but they sure were good.  Warning:  do not drive or operate heavy machinery for 1 hour after eating.  My husband and I were so full and happy that we passed out (napped) for about an hour immediately after eating.  


Twice Baked Potatoes


Ingredients:

2 baked potatoes
3 strips crispy bacon, chopped
1/4 cup butter or olive oil
1-2 hand fulls cheese
1/4-1/2 cup green onion slices

Take two baked potatoes (see the tutorial on How to Make a Great Baked Potato) and cut off a small strip along the top.  Scoop out the insides of the potato leaving about a 1/4 inch thick shell.

In a bowl mix the potato insides, bacon, butter, cheese and green onions.  Mix until thouroughly combined and the potato is slightly moistened.

Load the potato mixture back inside the potato shells, packing it in as best as you can, it will mound out of the shell, but you should be able to get it all back in.

Put the top back on (I thought about leaving the top off, but it helps keep the filling in and after baking it is crispy and delicious) and bake for about 30 minutes at 350F.  Enjoy.




Follow Joy Bee's board Joybee Whats for Dinner blog posts on Pinterest.

No comments:

Post a Comment