Saturday, March 23, 2013

Pineapple Salad

Yum

A refreshing, sweet and spicy salad made with pineapple, mint, and jalapeno.

 

Pineapple Salad:  A refreshing, sweet and spicy salad made with pineapple, mint, and jalapeno.

Pineapples are not only delicious but packed with vitamin C.  Since moving to Hawaii I have started eating a lot of pineapples.  They are easy to find, inexpensive, and usually fresh (here at least).  I usually just cut the pineapple into bite sized pieces and eat them plain, but I wanted to try something different to go with my Pineapple Pork Chops.  Here is my creation.


Ingredients:

2 cups diced pineapple
1 jalapeno
1/2 cup chopped mint
1-2 Tbsp brown sugar
1/4 cup sliced green onions
1/4 cup olive oil
juice from 1 lime


In a food processor combine jalapeno (you may want to remove the seeds because I left them in and it was a bit too spicy for me), mint and sugar.  Pulse until finely minced, then add lime juice and slowly pour in olive oil while processor is on in order to emulsify the mixture.

In a large bowl combine pineapple and onion, toss to mix.  Then pour on the dressing and stir until combined. Makes 4 servings.  Serve cold or at room temperature with any meal or eat as a snack.  Also tastes great atop a green salad.

Enjoy.

Linked to:  Empty Your Archive

No comments:

Post a Comment