Monday, August 10, 2015

Birthday Taco Salad Round-up

Yum

Crunchy tortilla chips, spicy meat or non-meat filling, cool lettuce, and toppings galore all combine to make my favorite meal.  5 different versions of a classic.


Birthday Taco Salad Round-up:  Crunchy tortilla chips, spicy meat or non-meat filling, cool lettuce, and toppings galore all combine to make my favorite meal.  5 different versions of a classic.



For as long as I can remember taco salad has been my favorite meal.  In my family, the birthday girl always got her favorite dinner on her birthday.  Yep, you guessed it I always asked for taco salad.

The birthday girl always gets her favorite meal for dinner.  [Tweet this]
As I've gotten older one thing remains the same.  Taco salad is still my favorite dinner.  A few things about it have changed, though.  Now I add more lettuce and veggies to my salad and I try different kinds of taco salad not just the traditional (for me) made with ground beef.  In celebration of my birthday (which is, Friday) I've compiled a round-up of my taco salad recipes.  I hope this inspires you to try taco salad and not be afraid to experiment with new flavors.

Celebrate my Birthday with taco salad.  [Tweet this]

Taco Salad:  spicy ground beef atop a bed of lettuce and tortilla chips.  My favorite meal.

Spicy ground beef atop a bed of lettuce and tortilla chips.  My favorite meal.

Traditional taco salad is always great.  [Tweet this]


Bean and Rice Taco Salad:  A vegetarian meal of tortilla chips and lettuce, topped with spicy rice and beans, and finished with avocado sour cream and cilantro.

A vegetarian meal of tortilla chips and lettuce, topped with spicy rice and beans, and finished with avocado sour cream and cilantro.

Beans and rice make a vegetarian taco salad.  [Tweet this]

Chorizo and Black Bean Taco Salad:  Taco salad made with black beans, chorizo and spices.

Taco salad made with black beans, ground pork chorizo, and spices.

Pork chorizo makes a tender and flavorful taco salad.  [Tweet this]

Pulled Pork Taco Salad:  A taco salad topped with spicy black beans, pulled pork, and avocado.

A taco salad topped with spicy black beans, pulled pork, and avocado.

Tender, slow cooked, pulled pork makes delicious taco salad.  [Tweet this]

Tequila Lime Chicken Taco Salad:  Left over rotisserie chicken,  shredded,  marinated in tequila and lime juice topping green lettuce and tortilla chips.

Leftover rotisserie chicken, shredded, marinated in tequila and lime juice topping green lettuce and tortilla chips.

Tequila Lime Chicken Taco Salad uses  #rotisseriechicken [Tweet This]

Enjoy your taco salad.  I know I will.

For more recipes to make your tacos or taco salads extraordinary check out:


Linked to:  2 Cup, Lou Lou Girls, Tickle my Tastebuds, Wake Up, Full Plate

Follow Joy Bee's board Joybee Whats for Dinner blog posts on Pinterest.

No comments:

Post a Comment