Friday, January 25, 2013

Meatball Pizza

Yum

Round two of my meatball extravaganza (I know I get a little weird when I spend a lot of time alone)



Anyway, I used my Slow Cooker Meatballs to top a thin crust pizza.  It was delicious.  I thought about adding onions and peppers to the pizza but then I changed my mind and just used meatballs.  I think that was the right choice.  It was a simple way to make a different meal out of basic meatballs.

I used a homemade pizza dough that I had in my freezer.  I just had to thaw it overnight in the fridge and it was ready to go.

Ingredients:

Pizza dough (enough for an individual/small sized thin crust pizza)
4 meatballs, cut in half
3 tbsp meatball sauce
Parmesan
mozzarella
red pepper flakes

Preheat the oven and pizza stone (on bottom rack) to 500F.

Take the dough from the refrigerator about 2 hours before cooking to take the chill off (or follow the directions of your pizza dough).  Press and stretch the dough until you have about a 9 inch round that is about 1/8th of an inch thick/thin (once I have the dough rolled out I put it on a sheet of parchment paper to make transferring easier).  Spread the dough with the sauce and then add the meatball halves (cut side down so they don't roll around).  Sprinkle on a small hand full of parmesan cheese then top with mozzarella (I used about 1/2 cup use as much or little as you like).  Finally, shake on some red pepper flakes.

Transfer the pizza to a rimless baking sheet (Trim the parchment to the edge of the pizza, any overhang will burn at such a high temperature).  Slide the pizza onto the hot pizza stone and bake for about 10-15 minutes until the cheese melts and the edges are browned and crusty.


 Enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment