Friday, May 1, 2015

Best of the Month March 2015

Yum

A recap of my most popular posts from March 2015.


Best of the Month March 2015:  A recap of my most popular posts from March 2015.

I implemented many new changes in March.  They seem to be working too I have many more views than I had before.

Most importantly, I've started sharing my recipes/posts on Yummly.  I believe that Yummly is bringing the most viewers to my blog.  It quickly became my leading referral site.

Yummly quickly became my leading referral site [Tweet this]
I have also started adding pictures and links of similar recipes at the end of each post.  It's not making any huge difference but getting some of my older (maybe less known) posts seen again.

I've started adding click to tweet bars to each post too.  I don't see them tweeted all that much, but it's just another easy way for viewers to share my recipes.  Along the social sharing line, I also added a new floating social share bar.

 I've been making the most out of my link ups to link parties by tweeting them and this has seemed to bring me more twitter followers and a few more views.

I changed some og tags (open graph protocol) in my blog template HTML to make my site more facebook share friendly.  I really have no idea if that is making any difference in my views, but I feel good that it's done.

Lastly, I started adding a search description to each post.  On blogger, it's at the right under 'Post settings' in the post editor.  This is another thing I don't know if it's making a difference or not but I was surfing the web/blog info and saw that I should be doing it and I had not been.  Now I am.

Overall, I am always tweaking my blog and I believe this is something I will always do because the blog world is constantly changing.  Whether it increases my views or not I feel good about trying to make my blog better.

The blog world is constantly changing [Tweet this]

Now on to the best of the month:


Last years most viewed of March:


Chocolate Chip Cookies:  soft and chewy cookies studded with semisweet chocolate chips.

Soft and chewy cookies studded with semisweet chocolate chips.  Now has 227 views and 33 +1s.  This had the most views that month at the time of posting however, it was quickly beat out.
#BestoftheMonth March 2015 #ChocolateChipCookies -last years best of March via @joybeewhatsfor [Tweet this]

Egg and Cheese Crepes:  Protein packed crepes filled with more protein of eggs and cheese.

Protein packed crepes filled with more protein of eggs and cheese.  Now has 1204 views and 18 +1s.  At the time, it only had 172 views but it blew up on Pinterest.  It's my most pinned recipe now.

#BestoftheMonth March 2015: last year's Egg&CheeseCrepes -most #pinned via @joybeewhatsfor [Tweet this]
Now back to this year's best of the month:


Sauteed Kale:  Warm kale sauteed until tender and flavored with onions, garlic, and balsamic vinegar.

Warm kale sauteed until tender and flavored with onions, garlic, and balsamic vinegar.  793 views and 45 +1s.

#SauteedKale | #BestoftheMonth March 2015 via @joybeewhatsfor [Tweet this]

Sweet Dill Glazed Carrots:  Tender orange carrots cooked in a butter, brown sugar, and dill sauce.  A colorful and flavorful vegetable side dish.

Tender orange carrots cooked in a butter, brown sugar, and dill sauce.  A colorful and flavorful vegetable side dish.  401 views and 34 +1s.

Sweet #Dill Glazed #Carrots | #BestoftheMonth March 2015 via @joybeewhatsfor [Tweet this]

Guinness Smoked Brisket:  Slow smoked brisket seasoned with a dry rub and sprayed with Guinness.

Slow smoked brisket seasoned with a dry rub and sprayed with Guinness.  384 views and 29 +1s.

#Guinness #SmokedBrisket | #BestoftheMonth March 2015 via @joybeewhatsfor [Tweet this]

Lamb & Guinness Shepherd's Pie:  Minced lamb and vegetables cooked in a Guinness sauce and topped with mashed potatoes.  Perfect for a St. Patrick's Day dinner.

Minced lamb and vegetables cooked in a Guinness sauce and topped with mashed potatoes.  Perfect for a St. Patrick's Day dinner. 377 views and 85 +1s.

Lamb & #Guinness #ShepherdsPie | #BestoftheMonth March 2015 via @joybeewhatsfor [Tweet this]

Lamb Salad:  A green salad topped with left over Herb Roasted Leg of Lamb, olives, tomatoes, and feta.

A green salad topped with leftover Herb Roasted Leg of Lamb, olives, tomatoes, and feta.  353 views and 38 +1s.  Oops, I put this one on Best of the Month February 2015 by accident.  It was posted in March so this is where it should be.

#Lamb #Salad | #BestoftheMonth March 2015 via @joybeewhatsfor [Tweet this]
Check out last year's Best of the Month March (2014)


Thanks for stopping by.

Enjoy.

Linked to:  Pretty Pintastic, Best of the Weekend, 2 Cup, Treasure Box, Lou Lou girls, Tickle my Tastebuds

Follow Joy Bee's board Joybee Whats for Dinner blog posts on Pinterest.

No comments:

Post a Comment