Friday, August 23, 2013

Blueberry and Feta Salad

Yum

A green salad with sweet dried blueberries and salty feta cheese tossed in lemon oregano dressing.


Blueberry and Feta Salad:  A green salad with sweet dried blueberries and salty feta cheese tossed in lemon oregano dressing.

Salads are a great and refreshing way to start any meal.  When my husband gets home from work I like to have a salad ready to toss together to tide him over until the main course is ready.  Most of my salads are pretty basic, lettuce tossed in vinaigrette with onion, cheese, dried cranberries, and pecans.  This salad is similar to my usual but I found a package of dried blueberries that are delicious and I had some feta in the fridge too.  I actually thought to take a picture of this salad so I could share it (I usually forget to take pictures of my starter salads because they get eaten so quick).


Ingredients:

lettuce
thinly sliced red onion
dried blueberries
candied pecans
feta cheese
lemon oregano dressing


When I make my salads I only toss the lettuce in the dressing.  Then I put the seasoned lettuce in bowls or on plates and add the other toppings.

Add as many or few red onions as you like and then add a hand full or two of blueberries, a hand full of pecans (I gotta have crunch) and a couple tablespoons of feta.


Enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment