Monday, August 3, 2015

Fish Sicks Tacos

Yum

A quick dinner fix of fish tacos made with fish sticks and slaw on corn tortillas.


Fish Sticks Tacos:  A quick dinner fix of fish tacos made with fish sticks and slaw on corn tortillas.
(That funny looking drink in the back ground is chia water I'll post about it later.)



Trident Fish Sticks from Costco are the best fish sticks I've ever had.  Fish sticks may not be a sophisticated food, but I love them and they are quick and easy.  These fish sticks are the best because they aren't made of minced fish parts but are actual fillet of Alaskan Pollock.  They taste like real fish!  The sticks aren't overly breaded either just a thin coating that bakes up crispy.  My husband and I eat these often.

Trident brand fish sticks are the best I've ever had.  [Tweet this]
Fish Sticks Tacos:  A quick dinner fix of fish tacos made with fish sticks and slaw on corn tortillas.

Fish sticks are one of my favorite go-to dinners when I'm crunched for time or just don't feel like making something more elaborate.  I often have fish sticks with tater tots and a garlic aioli or tartar sauce in which to dip them both. If I'm trying to be healthier, fish sticks make a great meal with a baked sweet potato and steamed veggies.

Fish sticks are my favorite go-to quick dinner fix.  [Tweet this]
Fish Sticks Tacos:  A quick dinner fix of fish tacos made with fish sticks and slaw on corn tortillas.

I love fish tacos and it just seemed obvious to try tacos with fish sticks.  I'm so glad I finally tried it.  I can't get enough of these quick and easy fish sticks tacos.  They're delicious and so simple.  You can make them as fancy, or not, as you like using your favorite toppings.

I can't get enough of these quick and easy fish sticks tacos.  [Tweet this]
Fish Sticks Tacos:  A quick dinner fix of fish tacos made with fish sticks and slaw on corn tortillas.

Fish Sticks Tacos

Cook time;  under 30 minutes
Servings:  1

Ingredients:

4 fish sticks (cooked according to package directions)
2 corn tortillas
Quick Lime Slaw
Lime wedges (optional)
Cilantro (optional)

Fish Sticks Tacos:  A quick dinner fix of fish tacos made with fish sticks and slaw on corn tortillas.

Prepare the slaw first or a day in advance.

Bake fish sticks according to the package directions (about 15 minutes for mine).

Meanwhile, toast the tortillas on both sides until browned.  Remove to a plate and cover with a towel to keep warm until the fish sticks are done.

On each tortilla place some of the slaw, 2 fish sticks and top with cilantro, if using. (My cilantro is wilted because I sprinkled it on top of the fish sticks while they were still very hot.)

Squeeze some lime juice over and eat up.

Makes enough for one but it's easy to multiply (usually 2 tacos per person is sufficient).

Enjoy.

Fish Sticks Tacos:  A quick dinner fix of fish tacos made with fish sticks and slaw on corn tortillas.



For more fish recipes check out:


Linked to:  Treasure Box, 2 Cup, Lou Lou Girls, Wonderful, Ticklemy Tastebuds, Wake Up, Full Plate, Freedom, Foodie FriendsPretty Pintastic, Best of the Weekend

Follow Joy Bee's board Joybee Whats for Dinner blog posts on Pinterest.

No comments:

Post a Comment