Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Three Onion Dip

Yum

A creamy onion dip with three kinds of onions that is a perfect dip for potato chips.


Three Onion Dip:  A creamy onion dip with three kinds of onions that is a perfect dip for potato chips.



My Dad likes to get french onion dip to eat with thick ripple potato chips.  I loved this when I was growing up it was always a special treat but being the youngest of four I never got to eat much of it.  By the time it went from my dad through my three older sisters there was only the tiny broken pieces of chips and the hard to reach dip in the corners of the container left.  Now that I'm all grown up I decided to try to make a version of this dip all for me (I reluctantly shared it with my husband).


Ingredients:

8 oz sour cream
1 medium onion, sliced
1/4 cup dried minced onions
1/4-1/2 cup green onion


In a frying pan over medium heat cook the sliced onion until brown and caramelized. Allow to cool.

Meanwhile, add the sour cream, green onions, and dried onions to the bowl of a food processor fitted with the chopping blade.  Add the cooled, caramelized onions and pulse until every thing us blended well and chopped finely.  I did not add any salt since I was going to be eating it with salty potato chips, you can add salt if you like.



Remove the mixture to a container and refrigerate for a couple of hours (overnight is even better).  Eat with ripple or ruffle potato chips.  Enjoy.




No comments:

Post a Comment