Friday, August 9, 2013

Greek Salsa

Yum

Finely diced tomato, onion, cucumber, bell pepper, feta and garbanzo beans. A Greek salad in salsa form.


Greek Salsa:  Finely diced tomato, onion, cucumber, bell pepper, feta and garbanzo beans. A Greek salad in salsa form.



I had left over Greek salad from earlier and I didn't want to have the same thing again.  I did not want to waste a perfectly good salad either so I decided to give my old Greek salad a make over.  I put the left overs in the food processor, along with some other additions and chopped it up to make a dip.  Being very similar to salsa I am calling this creation Greek Salsa.  It turned out great and was served with pitas.  It would also be great with pita chips or tortilla chips.


Ingredients:

2 cups left over Greek Salad
1/4 cup feta
1-2 cloves garlic, finely minced or crushed
fresh lemon juice
1 Tbsp fresh parsley


In the bowl of a food processor finely chop/mince the garlic.  Then add the Greek Salad, feta, and parsley.  Pulse until chopped to an even consistency.  Then stir in the lemon juice (use as much or little as you prefer).  Add salt and pepper to taste.

Serve with fresh pita wedges or pita chips.


This salsa was very good.  Even though I do not like olives I think they would be a perfect addition.  You can also use more parsley and maybe some oregano if you like.  This is a wonderful variation to the traditional salsa.  Enjoy.




No comments:

Post a Comment