Friday, July 12, 2013

Smoked Marlin Lettuce Boats

Yum

Leaves of romaine lettuce filled with carrots, sprouts, cucumbers, basil and smoked marlin.  Served with sticky rice and a mango puree.


Smoked Marlin Lettuce Boats:  Leaves of romaine lettuce filled with carrots, sprouts, cucumbers, basil and smoked marlin.  Served with sticky rice and a mango puree.

When my husband brought home smoked marlin I was intrigued.  I have had smoked salmon and smoked trout and love them but never smoked marlin.  The smoked marlin came in cubes that were chewy and kind of dry but incredibly delicious.  It was very similar to a jerky.  After much thought I decided to use it for lettuce wraps.  When I went to the store the best lettuce I found was romaine so the wraps turned into boats.  I also made a mango puree to drizzle on and add a little sweetness to the boats. Add some sticky rice and that's what's for dinner.  Fresh and filling smoked marlin lettuce boats.


Ingredients:

Romaine lettuce, leaves separated
Carrots, shredded
Sprouts
Cucumber, julienned
Thai basil, leaves
Smoked marlin
Sticky rice
*Mango puree


*Mango Puree:

Blend together mango, fish sauce and sriracha (I did not measure just added enough to get it to the taste I prefered, slightly salty and slightly spicy but still sweet).



This is a very simple dinner.  Just set all the ingredients out and make your own boats.  I found it easier to shred the marlin (so that it fit in the lettuce boat).  You can put the sticky rice in the boat or eat it on the side.  Add as much or little of each ingredient as you wish.  Enjoy.


No comments:

Post a Comment