Monday, July 8, 2013

Mayonnaise-less Egg Salad Sandwich

Yum

An egg salad made with no mayonnaise.


Mayonnaise-less Egg Salad Sandwich:  An egg salad made with no mayonnaise.



I'm back.  Vacation is nice but it is always great to come home.  I came down with a cold at the end of my vacation so I'm glad that I have plenty of recipes (from earlier) to post while I recover.

I find that I search, online, for mayonnaise-less recipes a lot.  I don't mind mayonnaise, in moderation, but my husband hates it.  This recipe came about one weekend when we didn't have much food in the house.  I had some eggs, Greek yogurt, and celery (and of course some bread).  I'm not usually a fan of egg salad, but I really enjoyed this.  It's important to alter recipes to your taste so I added hot sauce and that was a great decision. 


Ingredients:

5 hard boiled eggs, chopped
1/2 cup celery, diced
1/2 tsp dried minced onion
1/4 tsp dried dill
1 tsp sriracha
1 tsp mustard
2 Tbsp Greek yogurt
a few dashes lemon juice (or one lemon)
salt and pepper, to taste



In a medium bowl mix yogurt, mustard, sriracha (or hot sauce of your choice), lemon juice, and salt and pepper.

Stir in the eggs, celery, onion, and dill until covered with sauce.  Adjust seasoning to your tastes and serve on good bread.

Makes 2-3 servings.  Green onions would be a great addition, so would pickles.  Enjoy.




No comments:

Post a Comment