Saturday, May 11, 2013

Saturday Breakfast and Liebster Award

Yum

Today's breakfast/brunch was french toast (with home made bread), breakfast potatoes, and bacon.



This is just a quick post to show off my tasty breakfast.  I had fresh bread so I decided to make french toast.  I also had a leek and a potato left over from what I cooked earlier in the week and I always have bacon on hand so these all became my breakfast. Here is what I did.

The french toast was very basic.  Just egg, milk, maple syrup and vanilla extract.  4 slices of french bread dunked in the egg mixture and fried in butter until brown.  Simple yet very good.


The breakfast potatoes were awesome.  I cooked them in a cast iron skillet.  In about 1 Tbsp of bacon grease I sauteed the leek that had been chopped (just the white part).  Then I added the diced potato and sauteed those together for a few minutes with salt and pepper.  And put the whole skillet in the oven at 400F for about 20 minutes until the potato was thoroughly cooked.  I melted a slice of provolone on top and then dropped on 2 raw eggs, a little salt and pepper, and put it all back in the oven for about 3-5 minutes until the eggs were just set but the yolks still runny.  It made for some tasty potatoes.  Makes 2 servings.  Enjoy.



Liebster Award:


Recently, I was nominated by BitterBaker for the Liebster award.  It's a social award to interesting new blogs/blogs with few followers.  It seems like a great way to introduce myself and get to know other bloggers.  Here are the rules:

  • Post 11 facts about yourself
  • Answer the 11 questions the person who nominated you asked
  • Notify the person who nominated you that you answered their questions
  • Nominate 11 blogs with few (some places say less than 200 followers)
  • Notify your nominees and give them a link to your questions
  • No tag backs
11 random facts about me:

1.  My high school  mascot was a unicorn
2.  I have Multiple Sclerosis
3.  I've worked as a bartender
4.  I like to knit and crochet
5.  I'm 29
6.  I love the water (swimming)
7.  I like to eat peanut butter with my chocolate ice cream (that's the only way I prefer to eat ice cream)
8.  I have 3 older sisters
9.  I love to read (lately I've been stuck on teen fantasy/romance)
10.  I think I may love my kitchenaid stand mixer more than my husband
11.  I  played rugby in college

11 questions I was asked:

1. What did you want to be when you grew up?  A Veterinarian
2. What’s the number one thing one your bucket list?  I don't have a bucket list
3. What inspired you to start food blogging?  I love talking about what I'm cooking and always telling my family about it.
4. What keeps you going?  Swimming
5. Have you ever stood on a skateboard?  No
6. Tell me about an awkward moment that you laugh about today.  Sorry, I can't think of one
7. Do you like kale?  Yes
8. Are you a coffee or tea person?  It depends on my mood but usually I'm just a water person
9. What do you have for breakfast?  Usually a granola bar, sometimes a bagel, and often on weekends bacon
10. Three words your friends would use to describe you?  Nice, Happy, Awesome
11. Your favorite motto/quote?   May your crust be crisp and your bread always rise--baker's blessing

11 blogs I would like to nominate (in no particular order): (some of these have more than 200 followers)

Simple Kitchen Seasons
With Love From Mom 's Kitchen
One Couple's Kitchen
Turmeric n Spice
Words of Deliciousness
Phickle
Yesterfood
Smoked n Grilled
Foodienarium
Stephanie Cooks
Planet Bake Life

My 11 questions for you:

1.  What is your favorite kitchen appliance?
2.  What is your favorite cooking/baking tool?
3.  What is your favorite food?
4.  What is your favorite flavor of ice cream?
5.  What is your favorite book of all time?
6.  Where would you like to travel/vacation?
7.  Beer or Wine?
8.  Edward or Jacod (if you have no idea what I'm talking about just ignore this question)?
9.  What is your favorite sport?
10.  Ocean (or lake) or pool?
11.  Dogs or cats?




No comments:

Post a Comment