Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Honey and Soy Chicken

Yum

Chicken thighs cooked and covered in a spicy soy and honey sauce.



If you follow my blog regularly I'm sure you've noticed I don't cook a lot of chicken.  I am not a big chicken fan, I always have high hopes and then the recipe is disappointing.  I came across this recipe from Peru Delights and it looked so good I had to try it.  I was not disappointed.  I only modified the recipe slightly and it was great.  This is a definite make again recipe.

Ingredients:

4 chicken thighs
1 Tbsp ginger, minced
1 Tbsp garlic, minced
1 tsp chilli oil
1/4 cup soy sauce
1/4 cup honey
juice from 1/2 lime
1/2 cup water
1 tsp cornstarch (slurry)


Marinate the chicken (I used boneless skinless because they were on sale) for a few hours in the soy, honey, lime, ginger, garlic, and chilli oil.

Place the chicken and marinade in an oven proof baking dish and add 1/2 cup of water.  Then bake, uncovered, at 375F for about 40 minutes until chicken it thoroughly cooked (check about half way through and add more water if it evaporates too quickly, you can also spoon some of the mixture back over the chicken).

Remove chicken from the oven and pour the liquid into a small saucepan.  Add the cornstarch slurry (that is cornstarch dissolved in a little water) and heat until sauce is thick.

Toss the chicken in the sauce to cover it and serve.  Makes 2 servings.  I served the chicken with roasted sweet potatoes and raw broccoli florets dipped in blue cheese dressing/dip.  Enjoy.


No comments:

Post a Comment