Sunday, November 25, 2012

Smoked Salmon Cream Cheese Spread

Yum

This yummy spread makes a great snack.  Made with smoked salmon and cream cheese it tastes great on bread, bagels, or crackers.

Smoked Salmon Cream Cheese Spread:  This yummy spread makes a great snack.  Made with smoked salmon and cream cheese it tastes great on bread, bagels, or crackers.



I have many packages of cream cheese sitting in my freezer (I always pick one up when I see it on sale).  Cream cheese is a great addition to many recipes.  It's great in dips, spreads, desserts, and main courses so it is very useful to have around.

I also had some smoked salmon left over from my Smoked Salmon Chowder and I did not want it to go to waste.  I love bagels with cream cheese and lox (which is basically smoked salmon).  So why not put them together in one spread?

 I made this for my Thanksgiving day snack.  I knew I would be spending most of the day cooking and watching football and have no time for a making breakfast or lunch, so I just munched this most of the day. It was an easy, filling, and tasty snack.

Smoked Salmon Cream Cheese spread


Ingredients:

Smoked salmon (about 1/2 cup)
Cream cheese (1 package), at room temperature
Lemon juice (1/2 of a lemon)
Dill (1/2 tsp), optional
Hot sauce (to taste), optional

In a food processor I blended all of the ingredients together, until smooth.  Then I transferred it to a resealable container, for easy storage, and served it with a good, chewy ciabatta bread (100% sourdough that I made the day before).




This was so simple to make and tasted great.  I bet it would be really great with capers added, but I didn't have any.  It would also be good on bagels or crackers.  Enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment