Friday, December 16, 2011

Holiday Gift Idea: Apple Spice Granola

Yum
I've posted earlier how to make granola, but I love to try new things and make it special. This time I'm trying apple spice granola.
1 cup apple juice
1/4 cup brown sugar
3 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp cloves
1 tsp allspice
Mix ingredients in a small saucepan until it begins to boil, let boil a few minutes stiring continuously (When I finished my juice mixture had condensed down to 2/3 of a cup). Let cool for 1 hour.
1/2 cup slivered almonds
1/2 cup chopped pecans
5 cups rolled oats
1/3 cup canola oil
Apple juice mixture above
I decided it would be a neat gift to give some of my friends homemade granola. I found some cute gift bags at the store, and filled them with granola. People loved it. One batch of granola made 2 bags (about 4 cups per bag).


1 comment:

  1. I tried this again, and wanted more apple flavor so I started with 2 cups apple juice and boiled it down to just under a cup, only added 1Tbsp oil. Good

    ReplyDelete