Monday, May 24, 2010

What to do with extra andouille

Yum
I have a few packs of andouille sausage in the freezer. I made jambalaya a few weeks ago, and it was good. But what else can I make with andouille? Here is an easy recipe that I tried tonight.

4 medium potatoes (cut into bite size pieces)
1 red onion (chopped in large pieces)
4 stalks of celery (chopped)
rough minced garlic (to taste)
minced pickled jalapenos (to taste/optional)
2 tsp dried basil
1 tsp dried thyme
fresh cracked pepper
kosher salt
3 links andouille (bite sized pieces)

Toss vegetables in enough oil(I used almond)to coat. Add seasoning, toss until distributed, place in a baking pan and bake at 325f for about 1 hour.

This is a very simple recipe that I threw together today. I used what I had on hand, I even added a bag of frozen peas. It was a real hot day today, so I cooked this outside on the grill (didn't want to heat up my kitchen). I cooked this in a big roasting pan that I found at a yard sale.

I thought this recipe tasted really good.

I hope this gives you an idea on how else to use andouille.

No comments:

Post a Comment